Updated Thursday September 13, 2018 by Patrick Manupella.
HFG Youth Center
Attention Southampton Middle School Students
Join us for a series of fun evenings this school year!
PLEASE READ REGISTRATION INFORMATION BELOW
What is Youth Center?
Safe environment where middle school students can enjoy DJ Music, Dancing, Sports, Pizza and many more activities
Open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders living in the Southampton Middle School boundary area
Held on select Fridays September - May, at Southampton Middle School
Event runs from 6:45-9:00pm
Registration Information – Please Read
Pre-registration is mandatory to be able to attend - walk-ins are not permitted
Please read program rules and regulations below, by signing your student up, you agree to the terms listed
Cost $60.00 per student - one time fee for the 2018 - 2019 school year; Family Max. $160.00
This program requires that a Parent / Guardian volunteers one event date per student for student to participate in Youth Center
Parents / Guardians must register themselves first under the “Apply to Coach/ Volunteer" session and go through the entire process of registration (there is no fee - it will say $0.00). Code will be given at the very end.
Parent will receive a registration code that will be necessary to register student
Parent will then register their student using the, “Register to Play / Participate" session – please have a recent student photo ready to upload for registration completion
You can register on line: www.hfgrec.siplay.com
Youth Center 2018-2019 Schedule
September 28, 2018
October 26, 2018
November 30, 2018
January 11, 2019
February 8, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 12, 2019
May 10, 2019
If you have any questions about Youth Center please contact us at: HFGyouthcenter@aol.com
HICKORY/FOUNTAIN GREEN YOUTH CENTER (HFGYC)
PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Membership is open to youth in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades who reside in the Southampton School District area. Membership is NOT transferable.
- HFGYC hours are from 6:45 to 9:00pm. HFGYC will be responsible for participants only after they have entered the building, or, in special circumstances, only after entering the building where the event is taking place.
- HFGYC is open to MEMBERS ONLY. Sneaking anyone in will result in suspension for next date. Registration is limited to 450 members.
- Arrangements for transportation home should be made prior to arrival at HFGYC. Students must be picked up at 9:00pm SHARP! Any remaining students at 9:15pm will be suspended from the next Youth Center. Should a student be suspended a second time, they will be removed from the program for the remainder of the year. There will be no exceptions. If your child needs to leave prior to 9:00pm with another adult, a sign-out sheet will be used for that purpose. NOTE: Parental authorization is strongly encouraged if your child is leaving early with someone else!
- Appropriate clothing must be worn. Gym shoes must be worn. No black sole shoes. NO HATS ARE PERMITTED. Halters and tube tops are not allowed. Navels, bare backs and bra straps may not be showing.
- No kissing, suggestive dancing or other inappropriate display of affection is allowed.
- If a participant does not abide by HFGYC rules, his/her name will be placed in our “Warning Book”. If a second warning is given, parents will be notified by mail. Membership will be revoked upon a third violation. HFGYC staff may revoke any membership at any time for behavior deemed contrary to the purpose and objectives of the HFGYC Program.
- Additional rules will be applied as they pertain to a particular activity.
- If a student is suspended from school, he/she will not be able to attend HFGYC.
- Students will not be able to go to their lockers under any circumstances.
- Misuse of equipment will not be tolerated.
- No guests are allowed.
- All School rules are in effect during Youth Center.
- We do allow cell phones however we are unable to control the distribution of electronic media (cell phone or camera) on social networking sites and assume no responsibility in the event it occurs.
VIOLATION OF THE FOLLOWING WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION FOR TWO (2) CONSECUTIVE SCHEDULED DATES
- Foul or abusive language is not permitted, to include harassment.
- Smoking in the school building or on school grounds before, during or after Youth Center activity hours is prohibited.
- Participants are not permitted to leave the Youth Center activity area early unless picked up by an adult (see Rule 5). The adult must come into the school and notify a Youth Center staff member before a participant is permitted to leave.
VIOLATION OF THE FOLLOWING WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM HFGYC!
- No possession, use, or transfer of alcohol, drugs, or drug paraphernalia is permitted.
- Rowdiness or disrespect for the participants, staff, chaperones or school/facility is permitted.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in or around the Youth Center activity.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: If schools are closed, so is HFGYC. If it starts to snow, freeze, or other weather emergency, please pick your child up as soon as possible.
Facebook page: HFG Youth Center
HARFORD COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
Website: www.harfordcountymd.gov/parks_rec or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Hill/Hickory Activities Center, 410-638-3616